FW: Your comments about HTML techniques for SC 1.3.1

>From Chistophe. I believe I went back in after receiving this and made
the updates he suggested-- and I think I documented this in the Status
section.

"Good design is accessible design."
John Slatin, Ph.D.
Director, Accessibility Institute
University of Texas at Austin
FAC 248C
1 University Station G9600
Austin, TX 78712
ph 512-495-4288, f 512-495-4524
email jslatin@mail.utexas.edu
web http://www.utexas.edu/research/accessibility/

-----Original Message-----
From: Christophe Strobbe [mailto:christophe.strobbe@esat.kuleuven.be]
Sent: Thursday, February 16, 2006 5:04 am
To: John M Slatin
Subject: Re: Your comments about HTML techniques for SC 1.3.1

Hi John,

At 23:58 15/02/2006, you wrote:
In your comments on the survey for Techniques for GL 1.3.1, you raised
issues about the test procedures and expected results in several of the
techniques about tables.

The techniques have been updated, including the tests sections.  Please
let us know if the changes address your concerns.

My main issue was the format of the procedure and expected results: some
people (like Gregg) write them in such a way that the expected results
can simply say, for example, "#2 is true". That is also the format that
I used in the survey. I hate being a nag, but at the moment, the format
is inconsistent between the teams and I don't know how this will be
handled when the Wiki content is converted to XML-Spec. If this kind of
inconsistency is not a problem, then this issue can be closed.

Another issue is that some procedures include the check for data tables
versus layout tables (Using caption elements to identify data tables),
but that others don't (Using id and headers attributes to associate data
cells with header cells in data tables). I would prefer it if this check
was repeated in each technique where it is relevant, so that each test
procedure can stand on it's own instead of relying on something from
another test procedure.

In the technique for "Using label elements to associate text labels with
form controls", the id attribute in the second example has a closing
quote but no opening quote.

Regards,

Christophe

--
Christophe Strobbe
Document Architectures Kasteelpark Arenberg 10 - 3001 Leuven-Heverlee -