RE: Action item: Tabindex technique

Thanks, Yvette!

This looks very good.

I added a Status section at the top, to help us (and Ben) keep track of
the technique as it moves toward acceptance.

I have one suggestion and one question.

Suggestion:
Add a sentence/note explaining that all elements (or is it all focusable
elements?) with tabindex will receive focus before *any* element that
does not have tabindex.

So for example, if the form controls in your example have tabindex, but
the links in the navbar do not have tabindex, users would have to tab
through the form in order to reach the navbar.

 But it occurs to me I don't know what would get focus immediately after
tabbing through the form: would it be to the next focusable element in
the code? Or would it be the first focusable element in the delivery
unit?

But that wasn't the question I wanted to ask. Here's the question:

I notice that the form is contained within a data table. I've done this
myself, but I want to make sure we all agree that this is acceptable
practice for WCAG 2.0.

I think it is: there are logical relationships here, not just between
individual form controls and their labels, but between groups of form
controls.

So: is it OK to use the table here? Or do we want to insist on using
<fieldset> to group related controls, with CSS to control layout; and
would that be an alternative way to make the tab order work properly?

Thoughts, anyone?

Thanks!
John

"Good design is accessible design."