RE: SC 3.1.4 edits

3.            Although I thought that "first in a delivery unit" was
unambiguous, there seems to be confusion about the meaning of "first" in "
<http://trace.wisc.edu/wcag_wiki/index.php?title=Providing_the_abbreviation_
immediately_following_the_first_use_of_the_expanded_form_within_the_delivery
_unit> Providing the abbreviation immediately following the first use of the
expanded form within the delivery unit". Does anyone have any suggestions
for how to make this clearer?

We may be looking at changing 'delivery unit' to 'authored unit'.   Then the
first occurrence would be in the first part of a multipart document.  That
should help with some of the ambiguity.   Unless you want it to be each
piece - but that makes it hard to figure if the same doc is divided up later
- or on the fly for small device delivery like cell phones or PDAs.

Gregg

Gregg C Vanderheiden Ph.D.
Professor - Ind. Engr. & BioMed Engr.
Director - Trace R & D Center