Re: updated plain text techniques

The techniques listed in the How To documents are sufficient, in the opinion
of the working group. But we donšt claim that they are a complete list, that
is, there may be other techniques to satisfy the success criterion. If an
author wants to use a different technique, however, he has the
responsibility of demonstrating why it satisfies the success criterion.

So, by listing the format suggested by the tests, the working group is
saying that it is an accepted way to indicate structure in text documents.
But there may be other ways.