RE: Action item: SC 2.4.4

Loretta wrote:

>I have a new draft for How To Meet SC 2.4.4:

http://trace.wisc.edu/wcag_wiki/index.php?title=How_to_Meet_Success_Criterio
n_2.4.4
> It has one sufficient technique and two common failures. There are also
two HTML
> techniques that look good to my untrained eye. I think this is done.

I've reviewed the HTML techniques and they look good to me too.

I do have a problem with the general technique "providing a title for a
delivery unit". The first sentence is: "All delivery units have titles
associated with them that define in a simple phrase the purpose of each
delivery unit. ". I disagree with that statement. CSS files, images, movies,
are all delivery units. They cannot have titles themselves, only by
referring to them from HTML or another technology. I think this is a flaw in
the SC and not in the technique though.

Yvette Hoitink
Heritas, Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands
E-mail: y.p.hoitink@heritas.nl
WWW: http://www.heritas.nl