RE: descriptive titles

A couple of quick and superficial suggestions for the HTM document:

1. Insert the word "descriptive" before the word "titles" in the Intent
section.
2. Change the title of the general technique from:
<current>
1. Associating a title with a Web page
</current>

<proposed>
1. Associating a descriptive title with a Web unit
</proposed>

3. In G7, change "Web page" and "Web pages" to "Web unit" and "Web
units"
4. Also in G7, make sure the titles of the WCAG 2.0 docs reflect the
current titles-- I think one-word titles like "Introduction" and
"Glossary" would fail the "descriptive titles" test, and if I remember
right the titles now actually refer to WCAG 2.0.
5. Consider replacing examples 2-5 with examples of, e.g., Web
applications that dynamically generate descriptive titles as users move
through the application (<title>My Application: Step 4</title> rather
than either "My application" or "step 4" alone). Maybe another example
of a (user-requested!) pop-up with a descriptive title.

All I can think of for now. Hope it helps!
John

"Good design is accessible design"
John Slatin, Director
Accessibility Institute University of Texas at Austin 1 University
station Stop G9600
Austin, TX 78712, USA
Phone +1.512.495.4288 Fax +1.512.495.4524 cell +1.512.784.7533
email jslatin@austin.utexas.edu
www.utexas.edu/research/accessibility/