R: R: tags and titles to make text clear?

-----Messaggio originale-----
Da: Bengt Farre [mailto:Bengt.Farre@androtech.se]
Inviato: mercoledì 14 settembre 2005 16.16
A: Roberto Scano - IWA/HWG
Cc: 'John M Slatin'; lisa@ubaccess.com; public-wcag-teamb@w3.org
Oggetto: Re: R: tags and titles to make text clear?

Do we intend to make a difference between spelling and pronounciation?

Imported words, usually keep their spelling for most languages, but
sometimes the pronounciation changes. In most cases these words are
incorporated into that language's lexicon, so the spelling should be as per
the language's lexicon. This may be an issue when it is a new word that
hasnt found its home yet.

So they should not be marked in general.

Roberto Scano:
I talk about pronunciation: a word like "hardware", "computer", "web",
"touchè", "W3C", "conference-call" - if readed by screen readers without
changing language (using markup) are readed using the natural language
speaking so some words are not understandable for people using screen
reader.
Also, how can an editor see if an english word is now inside - for eg. - to
an italian dictionary? And what italian dictionary will be take as
"baseline" ?
Should we write into baseline for an italian web site: Words are marked
following Devoto-Oli Dictionary updated on Jan 2005 ?