RE: Additional thoughts on language specification

Thanks, Yvette and Roberto! One slight modification, though.

Yvette wrote:
>From the discussion so far, I think we can go ahead and and have two
sufficient techniques: the lang-attribute of the HTML element (if HTML 4
is in the baseline)
and the xml:lang attribute of the HTML element (if XHTML 1+ is in the
baseline). Within the last technique we could recommend using the
lang-attribute as well for backward compatibility, although that would
not be required for conformance.

If I understand correctly, XHTML 1.0 content served as text/html
requires *both* the lang attribute *and* the xml:lang attribute. So the

John

"Good design is accessible design."

Dr. John M. Slatin, Director
Accessibility Institute