Re: Additional thoughts on language specification

Agree with Jens.

----- Messaggio originale -----
    Da: "Jens Meiert"<jens.meiert@erde3.com>
    Inviato: 12/09/05 14.49.13
    A: "public-wcag-teamb@w3.org"<public-wcag-teamb@w3.org>
    Oggetto: Re: Additional thoughts on language specification

    > I think to pass this success criterion, each of the following
    > techniques is in itself sufficient: specifying the language in HTTP
    > headers or using the meta technique or lang-attribute of the HTML
    > element or the xml:lang-attribute of the HTML element.

    Exactly.

    > We could recommend specifying the language in the http headers (either
    > by manipulating the HTTP headers directly or by using the meta
    > technique) combined with the lang + xml:lang attributes of the HTML
    > element.

    Since the former techniques all are sufficient, I disagree. From my point of
    view, we should recommend the use of "lang"/"xml:lang" attributes alone. The
    problem with HTTP headers is that this information is not available in local
    copies, and the combination of HTTP headers and "lang" attributes bears the
    risk of contradictory declarations (where HTTP headers win).

    Specifiying a "lang"/"xml:lang" attribute is an easy and sufficient way to
    declare the language of a document.

    --
    Jens Meiert
    Information Architect

    http://meiert.com/

    http://uitest.com/ < Reloaded

[Messaggio troncato. Toccare Modifica->Segna per il download per recuperare la restante parte.]