From: public-wcag-teamb-request@w3.org
[mailto:public-wcag-teamb-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Roberto Scano
(IWA/HWG)
Sent: Thursday, December 29, 2005 12:29 PM
To: lguarino@adobe.com; john_slatin@austin.utexas.edu;
public-wcag-teamb@w3.org
Cc: gv@trace.wisc.edu
Subject: Re: Programmatically determining color

----- Messaggio originale -----
    Da: "Loretta Guarino     If there is no user agent/assisitive technology
that provides the support,
    does this disqualify the technology for the baseline? Would we exclude
CSS
    from a baseline because JAWS doesn't report the color of text in this
    circumstance?

Roberto:
And for the same reason, if an UA don't recognize "longdesc" attribute, this
will disqualify the use of longdesc?
Shall we refer to existing products with bugs (OS give also colour
information with text-rendering API) or shall we define techniques and GL
with "device independence" (as output device).
One question: if an user has greyscale video, how the UA inform about
colours? How can he choose the "red" if there is no a colour-independent
information available?