RE: programmatically determined

john
the  phrase "user-agent-supported"   is an adjective along with publicly
documented

so if i rearranged the words as you suggest -  this and other sentences fall
apart.

this one becomes determined by software from data provided in a publicly
documented and manner  supported by user-agents

Gregg

Gregg C Vanderheiden Ph.D.
Professor - Ind. Engr. & BioMed Engr.
Director - Trace R & D Center