Re: Flash blocking technique for 2.3?

At 20:07 31/01/2006, Gez Lemon wrote:

>Hi Christophe,
>
> > I just discovered "Flash blocking with user stylesheet" on the Opera
> > website (http://my.opera.com/Rijk/blog/show.dml/8382). We could look into
> > this and see if we can adapt it to a technique for developers. According to
> > the comments there, the JavaScript needs some work.
>
>Why would a developer want to do that? If they markup the page
>correctly, it should degrade to whatever content they like, like text
>or an image. That approach is only suitable (assuming the scripting is
>tidied up) for end-users, and wouldn't be required at all if
>developers ensured their objects (Flash or anything else) degraded
>gracefully.

Maybe it can be used to display a warning to users whose browser supports
Flash but who are sensitive to flashing content. The stylesheet would cause
a warning to be displayed (see SC 2.3.1: "...users are warned in a way that
allows them to avoid it") and the content is only displayed at the user's
request.

Regards,

Christophe

--