From: public-wcag-teama-request@w3.org
[mailto:public-wcag-teama-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Christophe Strobbe
Sent: Monday, April 24, 2006 11:32 AM
To: public-wcag-teama@w3.org
Subject: RE: Failure due to generating markup using document.write() or ...

At 18:09 24/04/2006, Gregg Vanderheiden wrote:
>Hi Christophe
>
>I'm not sure I understand your email
>
>1) What action are you recommending?

At the moment, it looks like we need to drop this failure.

>2) What does  " But the current failure has not been accepted, eventually."
>mean?

Acceptance depended on whether we could find accessible and inaccessible
ways of using document.write(). The way the title is phrased suggests that
using document.write() is a problem in general (unparsed content), but it
turns out that it may only be a problem if you use it to generate content
that fails the guidelines (e.g. ambiguous document structure). We could have
a "Failure due to using document.write() or document.writeln() to generate
an ambiguous document structure", but that would be just a reiteration of SC
4.1.1 with the addition of JavaScript.

Regards,

Christophe

--