Re: 3.2 L3 SC1 Guide update

At 03:44 29/09/2005, Li, Alex wrote:
>Hi team A,
>
>Please see link for updated guide of GL 3.2 L3 SC1.
>
><http://trace.wisc.edu/wcag_wiki/index.php?title=Guide_to_3.2_L3_SC1>http://trace.wisc.edu/wcag_wiki/index.php?title=Guide_to_3.2_L3_SC1

I think this SC is about more than the placement of icons: the placement of
navigation lists, search boxes and "small print" should also be
predictable. A server-side technique for this SC is the use of templates.

I don't understand why using "page 2", "page 3" etc is considered a
failure. What's wrong with informing the user about the number of the next
page? What would be wrong with something like "page 3 of 10"? It seems
useful to know how far you have progressed in a sequence of pages. (Even
when the same icon is used, I don't understand why saying "page 2", "page
3" instead of "next page" would be an accessibility problem. This is not
the same as saying "next page" when the text in the icon says "page 2".)

Regards,

Christophe Strobbe

--
Christophe Strobbe