Re: WCAG-EM 1.0 Document Status Text

Dear Cole,

Thank you for this important clarification question.

WCAG-EM 1.0 is published as a W3C Working Group Note (as opposed to a
W3C Recommendation, such as WCAG 2.0). It is not a full W3C standard. In
the W3C Process Document such WG Notes are considered a "terminal"
publication state. Section 7.1.3 "Maturity Level When Ending Work on a
Technical Report" of the W3C Process Document provides more background:
  - http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Process/tr#q75

Note, however, also this sentence earlier in the same section of the
document: "As a Working Group Note this content is stable. At the
current stage the Working Group does not plan to make further changes.
Should the need arise, however, the document could be updated."

I hope this clarifies the somewhat unfortunate wording imposed by the
W3C Process Document. Please let us know if you have further questions.

Regards,
   Shadi