Re: response to 'Approval for draft publication of WCAG-EM'

The issue for me is that a link to future Steps in the very first
sentence of Step 1b interrupts the narrative flow and introduces
potential confusion. Am I supposed to go look at those first and
understand them before completing Step 1b? Am I supposed to be
previously familiar with Steps 4 and 5 as I do Step 1b.  If so, my
suggestion is to make a more general introductory statement about
Step 1b and then a statement that "It is useful to become familiar
with Step 4 and Step 5 before completing this part of the process" or
something like that.   I feel like I am being sort of flung around
the content with no real understanding of why the links are there.

At 05:36 AM 12/12/2013, Shadi Abou-Zahra wrote:
>Hi Sharron,
>
>On 6.12.2013 04:39, WBS Mailer on behalf of srush@knowbility.org wrote:
>>   Suggest to change the wording of Step 1b to avoid the cognitive dissonance
>>of suddenly being referred to a step that is two steps ahead of where we
>>are.  Perhaps an introduction saying something like "A clear definition of
>>goals at this point will bring greater clarity to subsequent steps in the
>>evaluation process.  For example, clear evaluation goals are particularly
>>relevant...etc"
>
>Can you explain the issue a little more clearly? I do not understand
>the exact issue nor the suggested resolution.
>
>Thanks,
>   Shadi
>
>--
>Shadi Abou-Zahra - http://www.w3.org/People/shadi/
>Activity Lead, W3C/WAI International Program Office
>Evaluation and Repair Tools Working Group (ERT WG)
>Research and Development Working Group (RDWG)

---