Comment on WCAG-EM 1.0 document

From: Sharon Litchfield <sharonleelitchfield@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 20:42:41 +1000
To: public-wcag-em-comments@w3.org
Hi,

My comments are specific to Step 3: Select a Representative
Sample<http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG-EM/#step3>
..

I would like to see more discussion/specifics around the quantity of the
sample pages selected to evaluate.

I think some categories could be applied to this such as:

1) small sample of website - less than 25% of pages
2) medium sample of website - between 25 - 50% of pages
3) large sample of website - between 50 - 75% of pages
4) extensive sample of website - greater than 75% of pages
5) full evaluation - 100% of pages.

** The above are just suggestions **

Requirement 3.a <http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG-EM/#req3a>, Requirement
3.b<http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG-EM/#req3b>,
Requirement 3.c <http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG-EM/#req3c>, and Requirement
3.d<http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG-EM/#req3d>would still be applicable to
these categories.
And a detailed list of evaluated pages should still be supplied.

I think having some categories like this would allow greater transparency
of how much (quantity of pages) of a website is actually being assessed and
evaluated.

Selecting a sample size has different implications for websites of
different sizes, and the category selected may vary depending accordingly.

This would benefit the:

   - evaluation commissioner - to have a better understanding of what to
   request to meet their requirements or obligations
   - evaluator - to provide full disclosure as to the extent of evaluation,
   and to better meet the requirements of the commissioning organization.

Thanks,
Sharon.