Re: ACT Rules, a fitting replacement for Failure Techniques?

Hey Alistair,
ACT Rules and failure techniques serve essentially the same purpose,
although they have a different target audience. Rules are written for
testers, whereas techniques are for content authors.

My initial thinking, as Stein Erik pointed out was to straight up try to
replace failure techniques with ACT rules. My thoughts on that have evolved
a little. I think actively trying to replace failure techniques is going to
create resistance, and make publishing ACT rules more difficult than it
needs to be. If you're right about rules being a suitable replacement (and
I think you are), then people will stop using failure techniques, and they
will be deemphasised over time to the point where they'll be deprecated.

--
*Wilco Fiers*
Axe product owner - Co-facilitator WCAG-ACT - Chair ACT-R / Auto-WCAG