From: Alistair Garrison <alistair.garrison@levelaccess.com>
Date: Friday, 26 April 2019 at 11.38
To: Accessibility Conformance Testing <public-wcag-act@w3.org>
Subject: ACT Rules, a fitting replacement for Failure Techniques?

Hi,

I’m looking ahead and starting to realised that the ACT Rules we create could be a very fitting replacement for Failure Techniques (which I’ve felt have always sat a little strangely in the whole process).

I’m still, of course, a firm believer in using W3C Sufficient Techniques (where available) to show someone how to fix an issue found via a rule – as I’ve said many times.

So, in my head, ACT rules perfectly play Yin to Sufficient Techniques Yang.  In a way that Failure Techniques never quite did.

Interested to hear others thoughts on this.

All the best

Alistair

---

Alistair Garrison