Re: Pooling test case repositories on the wiki

Hi everyone,

After Monday's discussion I had some ideas on how to proceed with our test
case repository. We've put together a decent size collection of test cases
at this point. But right now they can't be processed automatically yet. So
the question is how do we get to that point.

It seems to me that it would be best if we could let each of these test
case repos be what they are today. I think we should probably avoid forking
them all and putting them into a new place. That will be way too much
effort to maintain. So what we could potentially do instead, is that for
each of these we build a metadata file, that follows a predefined
structure, so that ATTs can run against those metadata files and run the
test cases that way. Here's what I'm thinking (written in JSON):

{
  "name": "axe-core",
  "version": "2.1.7",
  "license": "MPL-2.0",
  "a11y-testcases": [{
    "url": "
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/dequelabs/axe-core/master/test/integration/rules/image-alt/image-alt.html
",
    "successCriteria": ["wcag20:text-equiv-all"]
    "failed": ["#violation1", "#violation2", "#violation3", "#violation4"],
    "passed": ["#pass1", "#pass2", "#pass3", "#pass4", "#pass5", "#pass6"]
  }, {
  }]
}

Thoughts?

--
*Wilco Fiers*
Senior Accessibility Engineer - Co-facilitator WCAG-ACT - Chair Auto-WCAG