Re: [important] group input on Easy-to-Read symposium

Hi Simon,

On 22.11.2012 09:14, Simon Harper wrote:
> Hi Shadi,
> let me take these in order:
> 1) looks good.

Thanks for reviewing.

> 2) I (and most of the group - all except Kerstin) want the normal
> system / I support this - if we have to limit attendees then we have
> no choice.

For future discussion: I think we should keep a smaller group but work
more on recruiting a good crowd through advance notices etc. Shawn and
Dave did a terrific job, and Klaus, Andrea, and Kerstin are doing that
too. We should keep this up for future symposia as well.

> 3) I think this is an author issue, Klaus can we send the ones with
> coding errors back - this is how it's normally done at conferences as
> authors are the stakeholders with more invested than anyone else and
> so are more likely to do the work - and it is the editors
> responsibility to get them changed - Klaus this is how it works at
> ICCHP right?

Frankly, the issue is requesting authors, many of who are non-techies,
to code HTML. Andrea has been cleaning up all the pages but for the
future we need to improve our submission format and procedures to make
these symposia (1) more inviting and (2) sustainable with less effort.

> 4) I think the chairs seem to have everything in hand and we have
> meeting next week only for these comments too.

Yes, I'm totally confident. But I'm sure they welcome any additional
input from the group as well.

Best,
   Shadi