Re: [tc4r] Symposium page & CfP updates in progress

Thank you for the comments, Luz! Replies below.

For this symposium, we want to focus on readability beyond legibility. Some perspective is in <http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/wiki/Text_Customization#Readability_Beyond_Legibility>

> — In Scope and Related Topics:
>
> Maybe I did not understand it properly, but I don't know why
> "optimum font" is out of scope. Is it not part to text customization?

We are working from the position is that there is no optimum font that will work for most users. In fact, without customization, one user’s needs can conflict with another user’s needs -- e.g., for contrast. More perspective is in <http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/wiki/Text_Customization#The_Need_for_Text_Customisation>

> — In User Group:
>
> people with dyslexia and related impairments>
> people with dyslexia and other reading difficulties or impairments.

Is "other reading difficulties" sufficiently covered in the next bullet:
"
* people with dyslexia and related impairments,
* people with other conditions that impact reading,
"
Or maybe we should say:
"
* people with dyslexia and related impairments,
* people with other reading difficulties,
"
?

I'll reach out to Clayton Lewis for his input on this. Others I should ask?

> — In "We particularly welcome submissions that describe:"
> I miss the boldface in some of the words of the list, like it is being
> done in "Objectives", to highlight the kind of contributions which
> are welcome.

I thought the same thing when drafting it. :) I've added bolding.

Best,
~Shawn