W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wai-rd@w3.org > July 2011

Re: RDWG: Agenda for Teleconference on Thursday 14 July 2011

From: Simon Harper <simon.harper@manchester.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 12:26:42 +0100
Message-ID: <4E1C2F72.4070800@manchester.ac.uk>
To: Charles McCathieNevile <chaals@opera.com>
CC: public-wai-rd@w3.org
Hi Chaals,

I can see your point regarding evaluation - I think this maybe good 
because it gives us an immediate and tangible kick-off that will only 
last for 3 months. In that time we can in parallel start to think about 
these other areas including those you suggest However, I'm open to see 
what the consensus opinion is on Thursday - and I'll relate your 
thoughts to the group in your absence.

However, in the meantime, could you add your topics to the wiki - so we 
can discuss them on Thursday with the others - while also making any 
comments on the evaluation topic also on the wiki.

Cheers

Si.

=======================
Simon Harper
http://simon.harper.name/about/card/

University of Manchester (UK)
Web Ergonomics Lab - Information Management Group
http://wel.cs.manchester.ac.uk


On 12/07/2011 11:17, Charles McCathieNevile wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Jul 2011 10:20:09 +0200, Simon Harper 
> <simon.harper@manchester.ac.uk> wrote:
>
>> The next teleconference is scheduled for Thursday 14 July 2011 at:
>>   * 17:00 to 18:00 Central European Time (CET)
>
> Regrets (as previously noted)
>
>> Agenda+ Round the table introductions - each participant introduces 
>> themselves briefly
>
> I'm chaals. More info at http://my.opera.com/chaals or in the archives 
> of this list.
>
>> Agenda+ Revisit research topics - http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/wiki
>>
>> Agenda+ Evaluation as our First Topic? As discussed, this is a good 
>> timing to do something that would feed into the newly launched 
>> W3C/WAI Evaluation TF <http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/2011/eval/eval-tf>, 
>> which in turn would feed into the EC Mandate 376 work on accessible 
>> ICT procurement. In other words, RDWG work in this field would have 
>> significant impact. - SH/SAZ
>
> I think this is an important and somewhat complex topic. The 
> euroaccessibility group tried to tackle it a number of years ago, but 
> when they disintegrated I am afraid their work was largely lost - 
> although Giorgio Brajnik published some of the interesting stuff he 
> did (and continues to publish).
>
> I'd hate to see this group just overlap with the ER group.
>
> Another area that I think we should be looking at is games and what 
> they need. This really is a complex and important topic where we could 
> contribute, and get buy-in and publicity. Have a look at the "hit 
> testing" threads about canvas in the HTML5 group...
>
> And another is looking at what TV offers today in accessibility, and 
> where the gaps are between it and the Web, which I think would be 
> valuable for the TV Web IG, who are likely to follow up in a way that 
> many 'traditional' W3C groups don't manage.
>
> Cheers
>
Received on Tuesday, 12 July 2011 11:27:06 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 12 July 2011 11:27:07 GMT