Joint Attention research on Collaboration

From: <saylordj@WellsFargo.COM>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 12:44:57 -0800
To: public-wai-rd@w3.org

Hello All,
Here are some URLS I have on Joint Attention research on collaboration
processes.  Seems to me there is a relationship between cognitive
disabilities and Joint Attention research, for example in sharing gaze.

IBM Research facility on the issue of joint attention.
Title of page:
Awareness, Planning and Joint Attention in Collaborative Writing: From
Fieldwork to Design

Finish site looking at the subject matter above.

Adversarial collaboration in law firms.

Theory about distributed cognition.  been portrayed as a promising general
theoretical framework for analyzAndrew Walenstein, walenste csr.uvic.ca ing
cognitive work domains [10]. Several researchers have recently adopted DC as
an umbrella approach for HCI research and design (e.g. Wright et al. 30]
Hollan et...

Distributed Cognition: Toward a New Foundation forHuman-Computer Interaction

Eye communication in a conversational 3D synthetic agent.  Italian
University looking at this problem.

Programmability of Intelligent Agent Avatars (2001)

Signals and Meanings of Gaze in Animated Faces

To summarize, Joint Attention research seems to focus on Eye contact needs,
how to share attention in collaboration and programming issues related to
creating the sharing needs.

Doyle Saylor
Wells Fargo Bank