Re: [IMPORTANT Monday] Attachment missing from archives -- Fwd: [TC4R Symposium] Are we more alike than we think? ? Similarities of guidelines for diverse audiences

From: Ted Guild <ted@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2012 14:47:26 -0500
To: Shawn Henry <shawn@w3.org>, Whitney Quesenbery <whitneyq@wqusability.com>
Cc: webreq Webmasters <webreq@w3.org>, public-wai-rd-comments@w3.org
Hi Whitney,

What is happening is your mail client, Mac mail, is sending the text of
the message as both plain text and html markup (for fonts, formating,
clickable links, etc).  The attachment is being embedded in the html
version of your message and not available to the plain text version
which is what our lists software and many mail clients use.

I found a similar bug report suggesting it is based on whether you start
typing the message before adding attachment.  Give that a try and feel
free to test with our archives.  Setting your client not to send html
messages may also prevent this from happening.  I've inquired with a few
people about a workaround but haven't heard back.

http://blogs.earthlink.net/getting-attachments-sent-from-mac-mail/

--
Ted Guild <ted@w3.org>
W3C Systems Team