[TC4R Symposium] Are we more alike than we think? ? Similarities of guidelines for diverse audiences

From: Whitney Quesenbery <whitneyq@wqusability.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2012 08:39:00 -0500
To: public-wai-rd-comments@w3.org
This is a short contribution to the RDWG Symposium on Text Customization for Readability.

It discusses the similarity of the guidelines for different audiences, even when the reasons for the guidelines are different. Drawing on work for The Open University website and the Design to Read project, I suggest that if we focus on the similarities of needs, we might find that it is easier to argue for a common core of requirements for text customization.

Whitney Quesenbery  |  908-617-1122  | Skype: whitneyq | Twitter @whitneyq