Re: Step 4.c

You already know a page with a conforming alternate version will not conform - even the website owner already knows it does not conform, hence the reason they provided the conforming alternate version.

Therefore, to me there seems little point in evaluating the obviously "non conforming version" in the sample - unless it is for your own piece of mind (which the client will have to pay you for)…

It just seems a little silly.  Hope this helps.

All the best

Alistair