Re: What happens when an evaluation statement already exists?

I develop web content / apps in addition to evaluating web content.  I therefore approach this work from a web developers point of view and an evaluators point of view, which may be the reason for our different perspectives.

As such, I do not want to be shackled later in life by a document I helped to create - which is why I think this scenario is important.   Especially, in light of a coming EU directive which may well site this evaluation methodology as the cornerstone of on-going monitoring / conformance activities.

If I say I have used this set of techniques, and I have undertaken all associated checks, I would not want to be told that I did not conform because I did not use another set of techniques - possibly bound together in some monitoring tool.

Or, think about two EU states using slightly different monitoring tools - which conflict.   Having chaired the Evaluation Methods Task Force for the EuroAccessibility Consortium, and a similar European task force in the initial WABCluster I can say that such conflicts are the rule, rather than the exception.

So, a concrete proposal for an addition to step 1.d would be:

"If documented evaluation procedures are provided along with an evaluation statement or WCAG 2.0 conformance claim, the documented evaluation procedures provided should take precedence over any other evaluation procedure when undertaking an evaluation."

Alistair