Re: WCAG-EM snapshot

Hi Shadi and Eric,

I am still missing a clear description of handling of page states during evaluation. The one change I can spot is that in the section "Terms and Definitions" which now has for Web Page States:

  "(...) Some web page states are treated similarly to individual web pages in the context of this methodology."

This leaves testers in doubt as to what to do with the rest, and the sampling step does not say anything about recording relevant page states. I would extend the definition in this way:

  "(...) Some web page states are treated similarly to individual web pages in the context of this methodology, other web page states are recorded together with the sampled page to ensure they are included in testing."

For step 3 I have already provided a text suggestion for including page states which you may change in whatever way - the main point I would like to have in here is that complex pages are not just listed with their URL but in addition with relevant states that should be included in testing. This qualification of base URLs is in any case necessary for sampled pages that do not have a fixed URL but are generated via by some action like search, forms submission, etc.

The same thing (including page states) may be included as already as the intro to step 2, the exploratory stage. With so many sites holding a lot of dynamic content, this cannot be overstated.

Best, Detlev

--
Detlev Fischer
testkreis - das Accessibility-Team von feld.wald.wiese

Tel   +49 (0)40 439 10 68-3
Mobil +49 (0)1577 170 73 84
Fax   +49 (0)40 439 10 68-5

http://www.testkreis.de
Beratung, Tests und Schulungen für barrierefreie Websites