Re: Following properly documented existing procedures - A hypothetical question?

Dear Richard,

From experience, I get the impression that evaluators tend to work from checklists (which they compile over time, and generally hold many but not all of the variations of things people do in reality).  If two people have slightly different checklists problems can occur - and really this was the reason for my question.

When I chair the Evaluation Methodology harmonisation efforts for the EuroAccessibility Consortium we had many players in many countries with slightly different checklists - same when I chaired initial Evaluation Methodology efforts for Support-EAM / WABCluster.

With reference to my reply to Detlev, the question is still - if a properly documented evaluation / testing procedure exists for a web page (albeit defined by someone else) should I not follow it, in place of my own?

All the best

Alistair