RE: EvalTF agenda Telco

Regrets, I am speaking at the ATIA conference this week so I will not be able to attend this meeting.

Kathy

-----Original Message-----
From: Velleman, Eric [mailto:evelleman@bartimeus.nl]
Sent: Wednesday, January 30, 2013 5:32 AM
To: public-wai-evaltf@w3.org
Subject: EvalTF agenda Telco

Dear Eval TF,

The next teleconference is scheduled for Thursday 31 January 2012 at:
  * 15:00 to 16:00 UTC
  * 15:00 to 16:00 UK Time
  * 16:00 to 17:00 Central European Time (time we use as reference)
  * 10:00 to 11:00 North American Eastern Time (ET)
  * 07:00 to 08:00 North American Pacific Time (PT)
  * 23:00 to 24:00 Western Australia Time

Please check the World Clock Meeting Planner to find out the precise date for your own time zone:
  - <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meeting.html>

The teleconference information is: (Passcode 3825 - "EVAL")
  * +1.617.761.6200
  * SIP / VoIP -http://www.w3.org/2006/tools/wiki/Zakim-SIP

We also use IRC to support the meeting: (http://irc.w3.org)
  * IRC server: irc.w3.org
  * port: 6665
  * channel: #eval

AGENDA:

#1. Welcome

#2. New editor draft and DoC:
  - <http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/conformance/ED-methodology-20130128>
  - <http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/conformance/comments-20120920>

View changes here in diff version between 17 January and 28 January version:
<http://services.w3.org/htmldiff?doc1=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.w3.org%2FWAI%2FER%2Fconformance%2FED-methodology-20130117&doc2=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.w3.org%2FWAI%2FER%2Fconformance%2FED-methodology-201301228>

#3. EvalTF Survey 7 and 8 discussion
- <https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/48225/evaltfq8>
We will discuss open issues from the surveys. I will send around the links just before the meeting. We will include the following:

#4. Combining evaluations
How does combining evaluations relate to uniform accessibility support and use of tools and configurations. See discussion on the list:
<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-evaltf/2013Jan/0042.html>

Proposed resolution can be found in:
<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-evaltf/2013Jan/0052.html>

#5. Make sampling optional
Proposed resolution: Keep it non-optional until we have more backing info that random samples do not add to the results of the structured sample.
List: <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-evaltf/2013Jan/0044.html>

#6. Definition of random
Possible resolution: No definition or explanation, but we add to the reporting section: "describe how you selected the random sample."
List: <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-evaltf/2013Jan/0043.html>

#7. Size of the sample
There is more research necessary and coming up, but for the moment we should put something here that we can used for testing in the next Public Working Draft.

Proposed resolution (based on discussion on the list): "Include a random sample of at least 20 percent of the number of web pages that are in the structured sample or a minimum of 5 random web pages from the scope of the website into the sample (if available)."
List: <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-evaltf/2013Jan/0045.html>

#8. Other issues

Eric Velleman