From: Ramón Corominas
Sent: Thursday, January 24, 2013 11:07 PM
To: RichardWarren
Cc: Eval TF
Subject: Re: Different states?

Richard said:

> As far as I can see there is no need to include “different states” in
> the sampling technique as it is inherent that any page that produces
> “different states” would be tested for all it’s states.

A page that produces different states can be a complete web application
that would contain ALL the "pages" of the application within a single
URI. For such applications you cannot test every screen nor every
functionality, in the same manner that you cannot test every page in a
website. Other example could be a game, where you cannot test every
level, or pages that dynamically show information based on user input
(for example, IA assitants that show information related to the user's
query, like the IKEA one, if I remember well).

Regards,
Ramón.