comment on WACEM 1.0 -- use of internal links

From: Jennifer Sutton <jsuttondc@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2012 12:40:45 -0700
To: public-wai-evaltf@w3.org
I'd like to commend the Evaluation Task Force on the development of
the 20 September working draft of Web Site Accessibility Conformance
Evaluation Methodology 1.0. This document will offer a useful overall
framework for a range of audiences who are committed to making the
Web more accessible.

In order to make the document easier to read, I recommend lessening
the number of "within page" links. As a point of interest, my screen
reader reports that this version of the document has 648 links.

I think too many links are visually distracting, and they certainly
disrupt the audio reading flow when using a screen reader. As
examples, I would mention "in page" links to terms such as "web site"
and "web sites."  I recommend linking to a term one time, at the
beginning of each new section.

Thank you for considering this comment.

Best,
Jennifer