Re: All pages

Hi Alistair,

I'm not sure what you mean by overkill. Maybe it is not economically
feasible to check all pages but ideally all pages are checked before
making an accessibility statement about them (especially for small
websites where the use of templates, content management systems, and
other quality assurance procedures are often less sophisticated).

We should bear in mind that no matter how robust a sampling method is,
there is always a possibility that an evaluator misses critical parts of
the website through sampling. Sampling is always an approximation but
ideally it is "close enough" to reality except for few edge cases.

What is the problem with saying something like "if you can check all the
pages then please go ahead and ignore the sampling section"?

Sidenote: A production line already assumes large amounts of products
that are produced in the same way, so that sampling becomes effective
for quality assurance. However, not all websites are developed this way,
and most websites actually resemble a handicraft store... ;)

Regards,
   Shadi