Re: All pages

Hi Richard,

Reading the archive I see we have talked around the subject of sampling - but not actually whether to evaluate all pages instead of a sample.  Reading a number of emails, however, it becomes clear that we all seem to use some kind of sampling effort - hence its seemingly automatic acceptance to this point.

To my mind, there are many reasons for adopting our reasonably straight-forward sample-based approach (again we have all mostly done something similar for years), even for smaller sites, over evaluating all pages.  I suppose its lower cost in terms of time / effort - with the same actual benefits is one of the top reasons for sampling.

I'm also worried that the changes you suggest (did it also need a change to the Requirements docs) at this stage will create a two-tier (all or sample) approach, forking our current work and possibly opening a big can of worms (like how do you realistically, and with very high confidence, find all pages in a website, what exactly is a small or medium site, etc...).

I remain to be convinced, but I would be interested to hear the views of others.

All the best

Alistair