Re: Aspects of an evaluator

Alistair,

I think the question of trust is, frankly, outside of the scope of our
work as well.  Nothing prevents someone from lying - whether or not they
are independent.  They may make honest mistakes because they lack the
technical expertise needed to do a good job (again whether independent
or not).  They may claim their sample is representative but it isn't.
They may claim something failed when it passed (or vice-versa).

Being independent doesn't prevent any of that.

Regards,

Peter

--
Oracle <http://www.oracle.com>