Re: Step 1.e: Define the Techniques as used

Hi all,

additional to what is said above: a page without any technique would be like a txt (without the txt-techniques) saved as .html. Any Markup would be a following of a technique which would mean that "defining the techniques" will be filling out a huge paper/form and asking for p, hx, li, and so on.

Even if we would require the defining of "some" (which) techniques developers need lot of time filling out this questionnare or documenting the techniques. And there also might be cases where the SC is met and the technique was not documented before. After this the evaluator would check the techniques which I believe is not compliant with WCAG2. For the evaluator the testing procedures are important for the basic report. Techniques - WCAG or others - are important when a developers is writing a report with solutions for problems.

Another issue are the use cases: if defining the techniques would be a requirement it wouldn't be possible to use WCAG-EM for comparative studies and tests or for something like "test of the week".

I agree with Richard that we should rewrite 1e.

Best

Kerstin