Re: Step 1.e: Define the Techniques as used

Hi Richard,

Reading 1e and re-reading it, in light of your comments… there do seem to be several nuances…

You could say that the intension, in 1e in mentioning the W3C WCAG 2.0 Techniques, was for an evaluator to agree with the evaluation commissioner what Test/Procedure sections (relating to different Techniques) were to be followed in the evaluation - allowing the evaluation commissioner to come back and say - we actually followed these techniques for this SC, rather than the ones you have chosen to look at… - "to ensure consistent expectations".

If we extrapolate this to the nth degree you realise that the conversation between the evaluator and the evaluation commissioner might be a time-wasting exercise IF they insist you evaluate against the techniques they chose to use (the commissioner is after all paying you for a service). I admit, that you might need to evaluate additional things outside of their techniques selection - if for example you become aware that they have misunderstood things, or have looked too narrowly at SC...

But, on the other hand IF they say they have not followed any techniques (as Aurélien suggests) you would of course be free to evaluate whatever you see fit.

Either way, I still think it is necessary to record what you actually assessed (and now I would advocate writing down why you chose to assess what you did e.g. the commissioner insisted due to x, no techniques were mentioned by the commissioner, etc...) - 100% for the sake of reproducibility.

Thanks to Richard for shedding additional light on 1.e.

Alistair