Re: 100% conformance for the pages sampled...

Detlev:

If we required an entire site to be 100% conformant, I would agree with
you, but we're talking about the representative sampling of pages used for
testing only. There's an understanding that there may be errors on pages
not tested, but I don't think it is unreasonable that the sample should be
compliant or remediated to meet the requirements.

In this climate, compliance with big companies is largely motivated by risk
mitigation. As an employee of a Fortune 100 company, I can tell you that
we'd rather have a conformance requirement that is stricter, because
achieving that level of conformance represents a better guarantee of
protection against litigation.  Leaving too much room for error could
result in a false sense of security for those companies who think they
comply only to find that they're measurably off the mark.

Respectfully,
Elle

--
If you want to build a ship, don't drum up the people to gather wood,
divide the work, and give orders. Instead, teach them to yearn for the vast