Re: Discussion 5.5

Hi Eric, Eval TF,

If we define a methodical approach for finding relevant content - two people using this approach on the same set of pages should discover the same errors.

If after using this methodical approach no more relevant content can be found, and there are no errors in the relevant content - what is under test must have passed, leading an evaluator to say if something conforms.

However, there is still uncertainty about any further undiscovered content - that doubt stems from how effective our methodical approach was in the first place, and how fool proof it was to implement.  Ensuring it is the best it can be is our responsibility.  I suppose an error margin might be expressed for our methodical approach - we could say using this approach should find 95% of all content - should be 99%...

However, an evaluator would still need to have some sort of disclaimer.

Thoughts to inject into the telecon.

Alistair