proposed definition for "website"

From: Shadi Abou-Zahra <shadi@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2012 12:38:28 +0100
To: Eval TF <public-wai-evaltf@w3.org>
Dear Eval TF,

Yesterday I took an action to propose a new definition for "website" *in
the context of this document*. Currently the document says:

[[ http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/methodology/#website
Website - A coherent collection of one or more related web pages that
together provide common use or functionality. It includes static web
pages, dynamically generated web pages, and web applications.

I propose we add the following text to this definition:

Websites are generally self-enclosed entities with key resources such as
a homepage, login page, or other entry pages; help pages; sitemap; and
contact information. Web pages within a website typically have a common
design ("look and feel") and navigational structures. Examples of
websites in the context of this document include:
  - Self-enclosed web appearances owned or provided by organizations;
  - Self-enclosed sections of websites (sometimes referred to as
"sub-sites"), such as these of departments within organizations;
  - Self-enclosed web applications and other web-based products.

Arbitrary selections of individual web pages, especially those that do
not include complete processes, are not regarded as websites.

Note: Selections of individual web pages that are not regarded as
websites may claim conformance to WCAG, but the evaluation of such
collections is outside the scope of this methodology.

Looking forward to your reactions!