evaltf-ISSUE-6 (Shadi): Improving objectivity and reliability of the Methodology [WCAG-EM - Website Accessibility Conformance Evaluation Methodology 1.0]

From: WCAG 2.0 Evaluation Methodology Task Force Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2012 12:58:55 +0000
To: public-wai-evaltf@w3.org
evaltf-ISSUE-6 (Shadi): Improving objectivity and reliability of the Methodology [WCAG-EM - Website Accessibility Conformance Evaluation Methodology 1.0]

http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/2011/eval/track/issues/6

Raised by: Kerstin Probiesch
On product: WCAG-EM - Website Accessibility Conformance Evaluation Methodology 1.0

The request is to "include goodness criteria like objectivity and reliability", to ensure that the Methodology itself provides a sense of objectivity and reliability. However, will including such criteria really improve the methodology?

Note: We will be running the Methodology in practice when we have a completed versions (~December 2012), to get feedback on how it performs in practice. This includes vagueness regarding objectivity and reliability.