Re: Discussion: dynamic pages

Elle,

A full list of URLs won't be enough in all cases.  Many web applications
use a single URL/URI, yet have a large number of different "screens"
that they display behind that single URL/URI (using cookies, etc. to
track which "screen" to generate).  Others dynamically generate the
URLs/URIs, again making it impossible to provide a list in advance.

Regarding use cases, there is another wrinkle there...  Large web
applications have many use cases - sets of them in some cases (think of
a CRM application, or an accounting package).  Any given customer may
only be using a small subset of those use cases.  Such a customer may
not care whether some portions of the product they aren't using aren't
accessible...

Regards,

Peter

Note: @sun.com e-mail addresses will shortly no longer function; be sure