From: Kerstin Probiesch
Sent: Monday, April 02, 2012 3:51 PM
To: 'Denis Boudreau' ; 'RichardWarren'
Cc: 'Eval TF'
Subject: AW: Using AT for evaluation

Hi Richard, Denis, all,

I also think that test with "real" (at least screen reader) users are
important and that we should strongly recommend it but leave it optional. As
I remember the discussion on our last telco there are two aspects:

- testing with AT and
- accessibility supported

I think we have an intersection but also other aspects like: are
technologies like PDF and Flash accessibility supported? Depending upon the
answer it will have probably different consequences for our methodology.
Also different use cases like internet and intranet (especially when it
comes to scripting for JAWS or other screen readers in closed environments)
might have an impact. I'm thinking about if we could find for the tests of
intranets something better than just "optional" without reducing the
audience of our methodology in whole.

Best

Kerstin