From: public-wai-evaltf-request@w3.org [public-wai-evaltf-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Boland Jr, Frederick E. [frederick.boland@nist.gov]
Sent: Wednesday, 28 September 2011 3:26 AM
To: public-wai-evaltf@w3.org
Subject: informational resources list on measuring web accessibility?

Hi, I was wondering if we did a literature survey to determine the current state of the practice of web accessibility measurement.   If we did I apologize for having forgotten.   I remember for the WAI Ageing Task Force, they did a literature survey at the beginning to leverage existing resources.  Perhaps in our document we could have a informative resources list for further reading at the end if appropriate..  Some examples (no endorsement implied, just informational) I found of some resources on measuring web accessibility were:

Remaining Challenges of Measuring the Accessibility of Websites According to WCAG2.0:
http://egovernments.wordpress.com/2010/08/11/remaining-challenges-of-measuring-the-accessibility-of-web-sites-according-to-wcag-2-0/

Quantitative Metrics for Measuring Web Accessibility (link to paper in PDF):
http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=1243465

Delivering Inclusive Websites-Measuring Accessibility:
http://coi.gov.uk/guidance.php?page=134

Automatic Testing, Page Sampling, and Measuring Web Accessibility:
http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.143.9881&rep=rep1&type=pdf.

Thanks and best wishes
Tim Boland NIST

This e-mail is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient you must not disclose or use the information contained within. If you have received it in error please return it to the sender via reply e-mail and delete any record of it from your system. The information contained within is not the opinion of Edith Cowan University in general and the University accepts no liability for the accuracy of the information provided.

CRICOS IPC 00279B