"end-to-end" factors in accessibility evaluation?

From: Boland Jr, Frederick E. <frederick.boland@nist.gov>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2011 10:56:46 -0400
To: "public-wai-evaltf@w3.org" <public-wai-evaltf@w3.org>

I think we need to at least consider the concept of "end-to-end" site/page evaluation and its possible relation to accessibility evaluation.  A site developer/content manager has a purpose for a site/page (what they want a user to get out of accessing the site/page).  An end-user of a site/page should be able to recognize that purpose (by employing user agents, assistive technology, etc.).  It would seem that accessibility factors would have an influence upon this.  Is it appropriate to "measure" this recognition by some means, and if so, how?   Similarly, is it worthwhile to consider the contributions of accessibility factors in an "end-to-end" context, and if so, how would this be done?

Thanks and best wishes
Tim Boland NIST