Re: Requirements draft target audience

From: RichardWarren <richard.warren@userite.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2011 23:47:40 +0100
To: "Velleman, Eric" <evelleman@bartimeus.nl>, "Eval TF" <public-wai-evaltf@w3.org>
Eric suggested the following and I have added my comments

* Target Audience:
A01: All organization evaluating one or more websites
Comment: The initial "All" is not required. Individuals can also evaluate-
they don't need to be part of an organisation, so long as they have the
knowledge and tools. It is accessibility evaluation as promoted by WCAG. So
I would prefer
#A01 Organisations or individuals undertaking website accessibility
evaluation for conformance with WCAG.

A02: Web accessibility benchmarking organizations
Comment: Benchmarking requires verifiable and consistent results, so this is
a good group to include to help keep us on track

A03: Web content producers wishing to evaluate their content
Comment: This is particularly relevant to large organisations such as
government websites where individual departments provide content updates
etc. into templates using a company wide CMS. However these people are not
normally HTML experts so we need to devise a system that gives them the
information they need at an appropriate level whilst not boring the pants
off accessibility experts!

A04: Developers of Evaluation and Repair Tools
Comment: Tool developers might/should be interested, and find the procedures
useful, but they should not be a target audience as their needs are
different and to cover these is outside of our scope. I would prefer to drop
this group.

A05: Policy makers and Web site owners wishing to evaluate websites
Comment: Policy makers and website owners may require the results of the
procedure, but they are not (normally) technical people so I would prefer
not to include them as a target audience. However website developers (those
who actually build the sites) are technical and should be able to use the
procedure. So I would prefer
#A05 Website developers who wish to evaluate their sites pre and post
production

The person(s) using the Methodology should be knowledgeable of the
Guidelines and people with disabilities.
Comment: Agreed.

Richard