Re: Eval Methodology - ideas for naming

Denis,

I have posted thoughts earlier and I still believe picking a name
based on acronym to be the reverse of logical, a name should be
selected to unambiguously describe the end-product and brand ~ This is
why many times a software company will go with a code name and a
writer will rewrite the first chapter because in the end the work does
not match the start.

Now once you develop a product outline/concept, you Define, Build, and
Evaluate the end product, you then can develop a marketing program -
marketing is quite different from product design. The fact that you
are calling something WISE is no guarantee that it is Wise and
selling/promoting it will be made more difficult because names that
make claims, that are not proven, often produce the opposite reaction
- based on my experience.

Product naming is important if you are to have success in your
venture. I would suggest that the work product be developed and then a
name created and the same name be tested by people via a polling
system and most-likely people not in this group.

I think many people walk away from standards because of a lack of
understanding versus a lack of wanting. So my suggestion would be to
drop the name until the product is developed and when you name it have
the name be accurate and NEVER indicate the quality of the product -
allow the reader/user to do that.

Thanks for your time!
Rob Yonaitis