scope of the Methodology (was Re: "website" vs "web content" vs other (was Re: Short name for Methodology))

Hi Detlev,

I believe we agreed that the Methodology would explain how to use WCAG
2.0 Techniques for evaluating web page samples rather than to duplicate
them or to create synthesized versions of them.

If we go down that route we risk re-interpreting WCAG or running into
maintenance issues for chasing web technologies as they are released.

I think we should, as far as possible, decouple the Methodology from the
detailed "alt-text checking"-level; this is already covered by WCAG.

Having said that, I can imagine improvements to the "How to Meet WCAG2"
quick reference [1], to better address the need of evaluators rather
than developers. For example by organizing the Techniques thematically
rather than by Success Criteria. However, this would be separate work.

[1] <http://www.w3.org/WAI/WCAG20/quickref/>

Regards,
   Shadi