Re: "website" vs "web content" vs other (was Re: Short name for Methodology)

Hi Detlev,

On 18.10.2011 08:39, Detlev Fischer wrote:
> Hi Shady,
>
> I am still not sure how we can clearly delineate the difference between
> the wider term "web content" (as in WCAG) and "website" as explained on
> - <http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/methodology-reqs/#website>

Agree, this is a challenge that we need to address.

> Maybe we should clearly state in the definition whether "website"
> includes any content offered via plugin technologies like Flash?

As I understand it, "website" includes any web content as defined by
WCAG 2.0, which would include Flash and other web technologies.

> Thisa has practical implications. For example, if Flash would be
> included, the testing procedure would then either have to be *very*
> general (actually more general than in many tests of techniques, which
> do reference tools like aDesigner2) or fork depending on HTML, FLASH,
> etc.

I'm not sure I understand this rationale. There are already WCAG 2.0
Techniques for Flash. Maybe not yet a complete set but enough to show
how the Methodology would utilize existing WCAG 2.0 Techniques.

Best,
   Shadi